The Ishpeming Multi-Purpose Senior Center is operated by the Greater Ishpeming Commission on Aging (GICOA) a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
We provide services and programs to seniors, 60 years and older who reside in the City of Ishpeming and the Townships of Ishpeming, Tilden, Ely, Champion, Humboldt, Michigamme and Republic.
Special Events in September:
- Sept. 8th-Bingo Bonanza at 12pm
- Sept. 7th-Ishpeming Library Day-Book Club book pick up at 11am
- Sept. 11th-Jean Kohtala's Fall Workshop at 1pm
- Sept. 12th-Bus Trip to the Ishpeming Cemetery with Karen Kasper at 10am
- Sept. 15th-Bell Bingo at 12pm
- Sept. 22nd-Coffee with the city mayor Jason Chapman
- Sept. 27th-BusTrip to Brockway Mountain-departure at 8am
- Sept. 7th-Italian Sub with chips
- Sept. 14th-Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes/Gravy
- Sept. 21st-Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Sept. 28th-Soup and Sandwich
- Every Tuesday at 12pm at the Michigamme Township Hall-call to get on the list. Call Nancy to get on the list at 906-869-1557
- Sept. 13th at the Humboldt Twp. Hall at 12pm. Participants can bring a dish to pass.
- Sept. 20th at 12pm at the Redeemer Lutheran Church-call 906-485-5527 to get on the list.
- Sept. 28th at the Riverview Heights at 12pm. Call the Ishpeming Senior Center to get on the list at 906-485-5527
Health and Fitness:
- Sept. 5th & 19th- Diabetes Education with Sarah Smith
Foot Care Clinic
- September 1st & 8th at the Ishpeming Senior Center
Blood Pressure Clinic
- September 15th at 11am
- Monday-Low Impact at 10am
- Wednesday-Strong Body at 10am
- Friday-Chair Yoga at 10am
Class Get Togethers:
- IHS Class of 67' Sept. 7th at 2pm
- IHS Class of 56' Sept. 18th at 12pm
- IHS Class of 73' Sept. 26th at 12pm